Hi! If you’re new around here, I’m Amy Julia (double name–I also go by AJ). This lovely little corner of the internet continues to grow, so I wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I’d love to hear from you as well! So here are 6 things to know about me:
- I never wear hats. I know the photo here suggests that I’m lying, but actually this was a highly unusual scenario in which I was letting go of anxiety and embracing the moment of a Taylor Swift concert while also accepting Marilee’s hat as a way to protect myself from the rain. But it kind of makes me want to wear hats more often.
- Still on the Taylor Swift thing (read my post from last week to get that whole story): I loved every minute of that concert. I also started yawning around 9:15, two hours before the show was over, because that is indeed my typical bedtime, even on a Saturday night.
- All of this is to say, I have always acted older than my age. That’s probably why I loved turning 40, because it was a long time coming. I am now 46, and my doctor tells me I’m officially shrinking, but I would rather be 46 than any other age.
- I love books. Reading, writing, editing. Here are the ones in my queue right now: The Emotional Lives of Teenagers, Transcendent Kingdom, The Candy House, King: A Life, and The Patient Ferment of the Early Church.
- Per that last point, my interests include teenagers, wellness, justice, Christianity, and spiritual formation. I love introducing people to the way of grace and love embodied by Jesus.
- I am rarely at a loss for words. This is both a true statement about me and a reason for me to cut off this introduction and make space for you to say hello in the comments! Welcome. I’m so glad you are here.
More with Amy Julia:
If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to receive regular updates and news. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Goodreads, and you can subscribe to my Love Is Stronger Than Fear podcast on your favorite podcast platform.