Many people in our culture are concerned about the harm inflicted by privilege. Reading White Picket Fences and talking with others about it offers hope that a meaningful and loving response is possible. In addition to ongoing blog posts and other supplemental materials at amyjuliabecker.com, we have put together three discussion guides, one for a group that will meet one time, another for three meetings, and a a 7-week discussion guide for Lent.
All of these guides will lead participants through a three-step process of response to the content of WPF including:
- Responding with your Head: acknowledging the problems and wounds associated with privilege
- Responding with your Heart: connecting spiritually, emotionally, and relationally with the problems of social division
- Responding with your Hands: actively participating in healing in your own life and community
Over the course of the year, we will be creating additional materials to correspond with each of these three steps, and we will send a monthly email to inform you about these new resources.
Once you sign up:
- We will email you the discussion guide you requested (which includes guidelines for forming a group and establishing norms for conversation within the group).
- Once you have established a date for your group’s meeting, you are invited to set up a video call with Amy Julia for 30 minutes individually or as a group.
- You also will be invited to join (via Facebook) a private group of other discussion leaders.
Thank you for taking one small step towards healing.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in receiving a guide.